Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas 2012



Christmas was a lot of fun this year as it was Roan's first. I am sure he will have no memory of it. A few days before Christmas we went to Lars' Father's house, Ivan for games, delicious food, and a little gift exchange. Roan got some clothes and a Duplo train set. That night Ivan went to the hospital with gall stones. He spent the next few days in and out of surgery. He is on the mend now and we continue to pray for his quick recovery.
watching David Archuletta

Christmas Eve we survived a mini snow storm and went over to Lars' Mom's house to start the annual Christmas roll. We enjoyed pizza with his Mom and brother and watch David Archuletta sing with Mo-Tab. It was beautiful and Mom learned what Mo-Tab means (Mormon Tabernacle Choir). Afterwards we went to my parents house and I stayed up late with my Mom cooking casseroles and wrapping presents. One of the perks of having Christmas in freezing cold Utah is you can put all the casseroles and meats outside on the porch when you run out of room in the fridge and they will stay cold.
 Get this bow off me


I was excited for Roan's first Christmas so I didn't sleep well, but we managed to sleep inn until 7:30. Lars and I exchanged our own gifts, he got me a new fancy smancy Nexus phone and I got him a solid chocolate gun and a gift card to a gun range. Then we enjoyed watching Roan open his gifts and play with his toys and the wrapping paper. He was so cute. He wanted to be involved in everyone elses gift opening. We put the bows on his shoulders and he tried to bite them off.
 Roan got mad when we took them away.
Tim giving us a photo-bomb
 Brent's Family
 mmm
 The Dudes
The Gals
Then we went over to Lars' mothers house for the Barlow breakfast. Lars made ableskivers, in addition to that we had ham, bacon, velveeta eggs, christmas roll, juice, chocolate milk, and lots of other goodies. We enjoyed the family and exchanged gifts. Roan received a dinasour hand puppet. The highlight was when Lars' Dad, Rich, opened his gift. The gift tag said it was from "The Fire Department" (aka Lars). He was given a toaster. (a little background here, Lars' Dad has alzheimers and has been nortorious as of late for starting toaster fires in their super old toaster. A new toaster was needed to help in this situation.) We all got a kick out of this, especially Mom.
Nativity
Then we went to my parents house for the Stark get together. We had a delicious dinner and then had a nativity with all the grandkids. Roan played Jesus. He was very good and enjoyed watching and playing with all his cousins throughout the evening. Everyone loved having him practice his walking. I thought Roan was going to be pooped out by now and cling to us, but he had a ball checking out everyone. My siblings had a card gift exchange with a game. It was a lot of fun and I got a gift card to the Desert Star, or as my sister would say, the Death Star. I can't wait to see a show there. :) Roan got a cute pair of footie pajamas, a toy, and a toy organizer. We also enjoyed discussing some of our favorite Christmas memories and family traditions. We passed the rest of the evening with games and butterscotch pie that my brother made, it was sooo good.

All in all it was a happy Christmas. Honestly, I had a little hard time with all the mixed emotions. I was happy to be with my family but sad as I had received some sad news about the passing of a friend who was battling cancer that morning. I cried some of it out before my own family party but I was still hurting inside. So I stuck with Roan the entire time and enjoyed Christmas through his eyes. Being with him makes everything better and for that I am thankful.





For New Years we had 1 or 2 friends over and ate lots of food, played killer uno, stayed up late, and laughed a lot. Good times. 



CHEERS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?