Monday, April 27, 2009

A Golden Girl Gone But Not Forgotten-Thank you for being a friend!


One of my favorite actress passed away Saturday. Bea Arthur, one of the Golden Girls. I really liked her because she was tall and had a husky voice, like me while I was growing up. She was very talented and has won many awards and had a wide range of talent. I watched reruns of the Golden Girls a lot and just loved her character and how witty she was but very deep. At the end of every school year my High School choir would preform a themed show where we would sing bits and pieces of songs that had to do with the theme, like color or TV. One year we did a TV theme and sung famous TV show songs. I had all the lyrics to The Golden Girls show memorized and I got to play her character, Dorthy during our show. I mostly got the part because I was tall like her, but I am so happy and proud. She may be gone but she is not forgotten. Rest In Peace Bea Arthur May 13, 1922 – April 25, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?