Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Fire Inside

Saturday night we went to California's Bamboozle concert to see local bands and some featured punk bands play. Some of the known bands were Say Anything, Angels and Airways, and AFI. Angels and Airways was sooo boring and Say Anything was better. But for Lars and I the main attraction was AFI.


Flashback-Before Lars and I were married he made me a CD of all the music he loved, AFI was on most of it. I really liked it and this became a common interest for us. Certain songs have meant something to each of us in at different times in our lives and have in one way or another touched us or nailed on the head what we were feeling.

So a week ago I was listening to AFI and Less Than Jake to pump myself up for my show. This put me in a punk mood and made me want to go to a concert. Lars mentioned that he would love to see AFI again. We looked up their tour dates and lo and behold they were coming to Anaheim that weekend (awe and the heavens opened) and tickets were $25 bucks each. SOLD!

Lars had gotten sick a few days before the concert. We rested up and decided to still go but to "take it easy." That was thrown out the window as soon as Davey Havok came on stage. His energy was contagious. Lars and I pushed our way to the front for a few songs and when that got crazy we moved back and found ourselves in a mosh pit that we danced in a for a minute then planted ourselves on the edge of the pit in center stage. The performance was the best performance I have ever seen put on by a band, yes even better than No Doubt. They were consistent and amazing. They played old and new songs and everything in between and they sounded amazing. I think I might have a crush Davey. ;) It was just awesome and I left feeling great! Plus they played mine and Lars' love songs so we got to cuddle and dance together during the performance. It was a blast and I wish my other punk friends, Brandon, Josh, and Matthew could have been there with us.
Actual pic from the show taken by newspaper

I loved loved loved it and would encourage everyone to see them in concert if they can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?