Monday, January 15, 2018

Christmas & The Month of December

December was full of some cool stuff to get us in the festive mood yet relax and enjoy life as it is. 
I won tickets to see 97.1 zhts Frankies 20th Anniversary Live Broadcast. I took Lars and it was way cool. I love that show. It was neat to put a lot of faces with names and voices I wake up to every morning. 
I really wanted to check out some Christmas lights. We drove down to Utah County to help my parents and tried to see some around there. We went to Salem Pond and then to Spanish Fork but the line was super long there so we drove home and on the way stopped at The Tree of Life in Draper. It was beautiful. 









Salem Pond





We went and saw Star Wars 8 a bunch of times. I LOVED IT!
We put up our Christmas tree. This tree is small, simple, and humble and I really like it. It was Grandma and Grandpa Anderson's tree. I feel like they are here with us each time we put it up and decorate it. I love that our kids are at the age where they are mesmerized by Christmas decorations. 

Liv is like a cat. She jumped in every box I emptied and claimed it as her playhouse. 
I have this silly tradition where I give a gift with my face on it for our work gift exchange. This year I have away place mats with my face replacing the Charlie Brown Christmas scene. 


Our wonderful friends Nate and Tiffany where in town from CA. We ate sushi and celebrated silly stories of parenting. 


Cute winter dress

My parents had a ukulele concert around Temple Square. We went and saw them and then checked out the lights. 










Liv had her first train ride. Shje kept asking me to make it go faster. I love that kids think I can control everything from the song selections on the radio to the speed of public transportation. 

Christmas Eve we went to Lars brother's house to make our annual Christmas roll and hang out as a family. Lars sister, Sarah and her family were visiting so it was extra special. 






 Hitting the nog with Uncle Dave



Assembling the roll was awesome especially with all the opinions and critiquing from and to each other. Good thing this family loves each other. LOL





Roan loved having his cousins to wrestle with. 

Liv's pants roasting by an open fire
Ginger snaps homemade
Beautiful Christmas morning sunrise
The kids loved their toys from their cousins

Christmas morning we had breakfast with Lars family and then dinner with my family. Liv got a nap in between at home which was nice to take a breather between each family. 
Liv blocking the stairs
For dessert we had chocolate fondue. My nephew had the right idea to just fill up his plate with food then put the chocolate over the entire plate. 



A top view of my Mom's annual grandkid picture. 
Roan made me this darling calendar and ornament from school. 


Breakfast with the Barlows/Madsens








Oh man this food was delicious



A nice light snow to bring in Christmas. It was mostly melted by the afternoon
We had the kids open presents before we ran around to our families. They loved it. Its was a tradition in my family growing up to have your pic taken in front of the tree with what you got that year. 

We had the rest of the week off of work so we stayed home and played a lot and tried to see movies or hang out with family. 


We got to try out some of our new games and toys. 






We hung out more with Sarah and Dave
Cool homemade candy from Glenn





Josh and Lori and their family stopped by for a few hours. The cousins LOVED playing together. We loved seeing them. :) 



The art of selfie's and showing Roan how to photobomb. 




Life fathers like sons


All in all Christmas vacation was way fun. The kids drove us crazy here and there but it wouldn't be Christmas without a little bit of that. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?