Monday, June 18, 2018

Heart & Sole 5K

My Brother and I decided to run in the Utah Valley Hospital Heart & Sole 5K in honor of our late Father. After the race they had a health fair going on. They also had a kids relay race ran by BYUs athletes. My niece ran in that and it was lots of fun. 
They had a table with a pig heart that we could examine and see some of the latest things in heart surgery. I got to meet one of the cardiac nurses that worked on my Dad. It was a neat experience to talk to him and hear his story and for him to get the second half of our story. I thanked him for his efforts in trying to save my Dad. He was incredibly kind. It brought peace to my heart to meet him. 









This is Wayne from 97.1 ZHT The Morning Zoo show. 

Monte's Family
We ran together the entire time. It was awesome to be together and talk. 


It was a good experience and we hope to make this an annual thing in honor of our Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?