Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Simple Kind of Life



At the beginning of May we went to the La Costa Resort in Carlsbad, CA for free. I was there on a work assignment for the weekend. Lars got to come with me and we hung out when I wasn't working, which ended up being more time than I expected. It was the farthest south I have ever been in California. I worked hard while there and learned more about the law firm culture. 

On the way down there we stopped at a view point and there were tons of squirrels hanging out waiting for food. They allowed me to get really close to them for a picture. 

It was a very nice location just by the beach and it had a golf course. The resort was nice and the food was a hit and a miss, expect for the desserts, they were plated beautifully and tasted good. 


This was a fancy version of a smores. 



Just chilling at a quiet place. 

While there Lars and I played "find all the pools or hot tubs at the resort" while on our walk. They were hidden, but we found all 16 of them. One of them had a water slide. I spent most of my free time there. I love water slides. 

It was a fun and interesting weekend, but in the end I decided that if I had a lot of money I wouldn't spend it on the luxuries of a resort. They charge a lot of money for something you can probably get at a Howard Johnson, just with less privacy. I would much rather spend my money on traveling, buying toys for my family and friends to share, or anything for that matter. I am just not a resort kind of girl I guess and I am perfectly fine with that. The more I live the more I prefer the simple pleasures in life. For me those are serving the Lord, being with Lars and someday our kids too, hanging out with family and friends laughing, playing, and eating, smiling, and music. I can't get much richer than having those in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?