I know this post is a month old, but once we got back to Cali our normal life started up again what with work and church stuff. I am just now taking the pics off the camera. We had so much fun while we were in Utah, despite how cold the weather was. We enjoyed time with lots of family and good friends. (Sorry if we didn't get to see you, maybe next trip :)). We even managed to get some relaxing time in between all the running around. And we both got colds that we brought back to Cali with us to share with our friends here. Hooray for not being selfish with germs. All in all it was a great trip, some things from this trip I will remember the most are;
1) Singing around the piano and Brandon and Melissa's. Melissa played all our Hymn and Christmas requests while Lori and I sang. In fact, everything we did at Brandon and Melissa's house was awesome. I never want to forget a minute of it. It was fun, we were relaxed and happy and were well...ourselves which is the best feeling the world.
2) Seeing all my dear friends at HRO. I seriously spent 3-4 hours in the office just walking around and talking to everyone and catching up.
3) Hugging Rachel and Andrea, then laughing, and dancing with their kids. (Also eating Dave's amazing grilled hamburgers, your are the best cook Dave, seriously).
4) Seeing each and everyone of my siblings. We are all grown up now and have our own families. I am not conveniently located in Utah to attend all the family functions, which are usually a monthly event. So any chance I get to be with them and see their kids is appreciated. I really longed for some family time this trip and I enjoyed just being with them. I really needed to just be with my family. We didn't go crazy and do anything super special. We were just together and did what Stark kids do, crack jokes, eat, play games, and laugh. It left me feeling great!
5) Running into friends I haven't seen in years at Walmart. Amy Bethers, you are so wonderful and it was good to see you and give you a hug. You are an awesome lady that makes me smile so keep on a rocking girl!
6) Starting a puzzle with my mother in law. This is something we have started doing when we are with Lars' parents. I so enjoy talking while we try and create a masterpiece our of millions of tiny pieces.
7) Seeing some of my sweet cousins, they are amazing women.
8) Lars and his old mission companion swapping mission stories.
9) Making snow angels
10) Shopping at the DI with The Gagon's. Roy you are so cool, please marry someone in my family so we can be related for real! You make me smile and laugh dude.
11) Having some of our friends over for lasagna and just laughing at any and everything. We knew it was our last night hanging out together so we made the most of it and came up with a belly game and just laughed and laughed. Miss you guys so much.
12) Best of all, the last full day I was there my Mom, sister and I just hung out. We mostly just cooked lots of things in the kitchen, but we were together, talking, sharing, and loving.
13) Tons of more wonderful things took place while in Utah, too many to write about, but they are all in my mind and heart.
It was good to get home to the warm weather, but I won't forget the warmth I had in my heart during this trip. I am so grateful for my family and friends and being able to be with them. I get so much strength from being with them which I greatly needed. Thank you and I will see you again soon. Love you!