Saturday, May 7, 2011

My #1 Fan

My #1 Fan in life has always been my Mother.
I tell people that all the time because it is so true. No matter what I am involved in or decisions I make my Mother has always been there cheering for me. She was heavily involved in every activity I participated in as a youth. From PTA, to choir committee president, to young women's, she did it all to stay involved and watch me grow. She has and will always be there for me. In my teenage phase I was kind of annoyed by this because she always wanted to know who my friends were and their parents. After I graduated from High School she chaperoned my choir during our Europe trip. I thought it was going to be lame having my Mom there. But I was so glad she came. We had a blast together and when I got burned out from certain people drama during the trip I hung out with my Mom and discovered that she is the coolest. (She always has been the coolest I am just constantly reminded of that). Since then, I have grown up and I absolutely value her interest in my life. She is my best friend. She is always there to offer her endless love, advice, shoulder to cry on, and to laugh with and sometimes at me.
I am so blessed to have her as my Mother. If I could be half the Mother she was to me then I will be the best Mom in the world, or second best. ;)
Happy Mother's Day to my Mother and to all women who offer their hearts, their compassion, and their examples. My life has been blessed by a lot of "extra" Moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?