Tuesday, March 31, 2015

New Job-1 Year Anniversary

A year ago today I started a new job.  Honestly, this is probably one of THE best jobs I have ever had in my life. Seriously! I have been here a year and I keep waiting for it to get lame and it hasn't and I feel like it probably won't because right now it is just perfect for me and my life. I have been in the document processing business since I graduated from college 10 year ago. I find it funny that I ended up in this line of business because I got a Theatre degree but I mostly had customer service and copying experience. Document processing sounds super boring but I am a big paper nerd and I love it. I mostly worked with various printers but also did a lot of scanning and mailing. In that 10 years I had only been with 2 companies which is really good. 

A little over a year ago I was itching for a change and an opening came up in the Print and Mail Department with on of the clients of the company I was working with at the time. They asked me to apply for it. I hesitated because it was part time and I thought I made too much money to leave. Nevertheless I applied and got the job along with a lot more money.  It was the best move ever. I needed the change and this new opportunity provided a balance in my life that I desperately needed. Going part time helped me feel better about being a "working Mom" and helped me with all the other hats I was wearing. They pay is great, the people are fun to work with (they actually care about coming to work, are hard working, but also have fun), the hours are flexible, and this company really focuses on community health. They have a ton of health incentives and give back to the community. 

So what do I do at my new job (btw, I am being vauge about all these company names on purpose, kind of privacy thing). I do a lot of things at work. I back up other people in scanning, loading dock, mail runs, hand stuffing, etc. But the main thing I do is run a huge inserting machine that inserts all the letters from this company. It is fun because some of the time I can jam out to music or books while I work. And I do dance around the machine at times. 
These boxes are full of letters
After they are ran through the machine I box them up in mail buckets
and stack them up. 
Then I get them unloaded by the mail pick up company...rinse and repeat. 

That is a little blurp of what I do. We work hard but we also play hard. 
Some of the fun team members in our department
I dubbed myself the Pot Luck Queen. Everyone is a good sport in humoring me with all my fun crazy themes for monthly pot lucks. 
"Nacho" average Pot Luck!
This one was a "Name" Pot Luck. Each person brought something that starts with the first letter of their last name. Confusing right? I told you these ideas were crazy. We have also done a "Color" pot luck, salad everything, chili cook off, and soon we will do a breakfast one. I appreciate that they let me have a foodie outlet with these pot lucks. Plus is builds team spirit. :)
SO there you have it. A day in the life of Stephanie at work. I love my job and am glad to work with such a great company and so many great people. I can honestly tell you that I look forward to going to work everyday. :) 

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome that you love your job! It makes a HUGE difference when you can go to work and not dread what's coming. Happy work anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Say What?