Friday, December 30, 2011

Everyday Regular Joe's

Lars brother had the funniest post on his FB status the other day. He said, "I go to the same Arctic CIrcle so often that the manager gave me a Christmas card." 

I don't know why but I thought that was so funny and cute. It made me think about the regular Joe's that I encounter daily that I may take for granted. How their small acts of kindness can really go a long way. I work in customer service and I love it when people are kind and say thank you or really go above and beyond. That is what I expect of myself at work so naturally I expect it of others when I go out shopping. Plus I think it is just a healthy attitude all around to put more value and stock in our relationships and interactions with people. Especially people we see daily. My Mom always said treat others how you want to be treated. I like making people smile and laugh cause I never know what kind of day they are having and I appreciate it when people unintentionally do the same for me. 

SO Thank You....

Garbage man who picks up our garbage cans every Tuesday at 7 am and Fridays at 1 pm. I enjoy waving to you from my kitchen table when I am there as you drive by. Yesterday, I wished you a Happy New Year by throwing my hands in the air and yelling Happy New Year. You stopped driving and returned the exact same motion back to me. It made me smile.

Papa Johns Pizza regular delivery guy. You deliver your pizza with so much enthusiasm. Seriously, when I answered the door he practically sang, "Hello, I am the pizza man."  Then announced in a radio host voice what was on our pizza to confirm it was correct. I responded with, "Hello, I am a hungry girl." We then proceeded to share funny pregnancy stories. Nice guy and I will tip him well. 

Arby's dude who rings us up EVERY TIME we go to Arby's. This guy is nice. Lars and I went to Arby's immediately after our first ultrasound, we also heard the heart beat for the first time. We were both so excited that when I walked into the restaurant I help up the picture and announced to the few strangers and workers present that we were pregnant and they were the first people to know. (We did call our parents first but the adrenalin was so high I didn't care who knew after that). Since then this guy chats with us a bit every time we go there, which lately has been a lot because I cannot get enough of their Beef n'Cheddars.

The long blonde hair lady who manages the self check out line at my local Ralphs. She is kind and helpful and always shows a person interest in her customers. 

These people and others are the everyday regular Joe's that I interact with. Their kindness and smiles brighten my sometimes gloomy days. I hope I can pay it forward by treating other I interact with nicely and maybe even give them a Christmas card. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, Stephanie. Partly because it's so you and partly because I love taking a minute to say hi to someone we see all the time and know so little about. I'm trying to do better about this myself.

    ReplyDelete

Say What?