Monday, August 28, 2017

Final Days of Summer

Summer is ending. I cannot wait for Autumn. Don't get me wrong, summer is grand but its usually really busy and hot. This year has been no exception to that. Here is a quick overview of our summer wrap up. 
I did a lot of biking. Mostly for training for my triathamom but I really do love to just bike. Most people would go to Target to unwind but I go on a bike ride. 




A little Barlow reunion at his step Dad's 81st birthday party




On in bike ride I got to see the Tour de Utah drive by. It was so neat. 


We did a lot of fun hiking. This one was to battle creek falls in Pleasant Grove. 












My dearest friend Karin was in town for a few weeks. We got to play a few times. LOVE IT!!
Solar Eclipse
One the final Friday before school I took the kids to a new splash pad in Bluffdale. This place was amazing. They have the splash pad, a kid (and adult ;)) friendly zip line, two types of play grounds, walking paths, duck ponds, pickle ball and tennis courts. We were there for 3 hours. I cannot wait to go back. The kids had fun. It took Liv a few hours to warm up to playing in the water. She of course cried when it was time to go. Thankfully we were headed to Grandma's afterwards so I used that has leverage to get them to leave the splash pad. Grandma+splash pad=my kids heaven :)



























Lars and I got to have a whole 24 hours alone. It was nicer than words can express. We went on an evening bike ride. Watched movies, ate delicious food (Black Bear Diner and Hires Big H), explores the Viking Exhibit at the Utah Natural History Museum, and of course did lots of talking and kissing, oh and we slept in until 8 am. I can't remember when that has happened last. 

I loved this blerb and wanted to keep it forever. The entire exhibit was so neat. They had live actors that were in character as vikings the entire time. Plus we got to explore the rest of the museum and it was huge and so overwhelming. 


That pretty much wraps up summer. It was really fun this year. We were busy but we did try and slow down to enjoy it. Now bring on the leaves, sweaters, and apple cider donuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?