Monday, November 7, 2011

Muppet Monday~Special Guest Interview

Today for Muppet Monday we have a very special guest. May I present to you one of the stars of The Muppet Movie......DAN MERKAT. We had the following interview with Dan regarding his most recent role.
How long have you been acting?
I started acting in ninth grade because I had no interest in wood or metal shop.

What other projects/movies have you been involved with?
I have done about twenty films, most of which were extremely low-budget so you've probably never heard of them. I have done about ten commercials and maybe ten guest TV spots. Touched By an Angel, Everwood, and Promised Land. And commercials for the LDS church, Foundation For a Better Life and Sprint. I have done about 100 plays.

What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie of all time is Schindler's List. My favorite of the films I've been in is The Maldonado Miracle.


What part do you play in The Muppet Movie?

I play the Large French Bussinessman. The Muppets are trying to get in to see Miss Piggy, who is running Paris Vogue. They decide that they can't get in unless they are dressed appropriately so they steal my suit and stuff it with a bunch of Muppets. Then there is a shot of me in my underwear tied up in a closet. It was a lot of fun.


What did you enjoy most about filming with puppets?

It was very cool to see how they set up the shots with the Muppets. The Muppeteers were dressed all in blue and they would sit on the floor and raise their hands to indicate where each muppet would be and what they would do and then at the last minute they would bring the actual muppets in and shoot the scene.


Who is your favorite Muppet?

My favorite muppet has always been Fozzy the Bear.


Thank you Dan for taking the time to give us some insite into your role in The Muppet Movie which comes out November 23, 2011.

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun interview!

    Any luck yet on those premiere tickets??

    ReplyDelete

Say What?