Thursday, September 1, 2011

Movie Island

Ever ask yourself...If you had to be stranded on an island for all eternity what top 5 movies would you take? Only 5. For me that is hard to decide because I love movies and watch at least on average 3 a week. (don't judge, I don't have cable, I have netflicks and I love my life). If I had to chose between everything I have seen to date then these would be my top 5.





Disney's Beauty and the Beast



This was my childhood favorite movie. I love the story, the music, the fact that Belle had a beautiful yellow gown and some brains. When I was 19 and living on my own I had a choice to either pay a bill or buy this DVD before it went into the "Disney vault". I paid the bill because I was responsible, but longed for it to come out of the vault so I could have it as my very own. 10 years later it came out of the vault and Lars bought for me on a dual DVD/Bluray set. We watched it that same day. He fell asleep and I sang along with the movie.




Fired Up



This movie is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I have seriously watched it at least 12 times in the last 2 years and I never tire of it. True it is your typically stock story about two guys joining cheer camp for the girls but in the end learn a lesson and fall in love. Though in this story there is a comical make fun of said stock type stories twist and the jokes are so funny and quotable. But what makes this movie great are the two leading guys. I truly believe that they could be best friends. The way they banter back and forth without missing a beat. Their chemistry is amazing and for that I love this movie.






While You Were Sleeping



My favorite movie as a teenage. We owned the VHS and I would seriously watch it every weekend. I watched it so much in 3 years that eventually the VHS broke. I couldn't live without it so we quickly bought it again from Walmart but this time on DVD. I love the story about love, family, and not wanting to be alone but to live life to the fullest. The acting is good and the characters are awesome. And it takes place in Chicago which is near Grand Rapids, Michigan where I grew up.







The Lord of the Ring Trilogy (Extended Version)



This trilogy is just EPIC and I cannot deny it entrance to the Island. I love love love the music for the move and my yearly tradition of watching this trilogy in one weekend must continue.




Zombieland

I love Zombies, especially comedies. This one is one of the best comedies/zombie/scary/awesome movies ever. Like most of the above movies I have watched it many many times and have yet to tire of it. Love the character, the actors, the story, and the message at the end.




GASP A STOWAWAY


Stargate: Continuum


If I could have one stowaway on the island, or honorable mention if you will. This movie would be it! I love scifi and remember seeing the Original Stargate movie with my Dad back when I was a kid. I thought it was so cool and after I married my geeky husband we bought and watched all 10 seasons of Stargate SG1, most of Stargate: Atlantis (meh), and all of Stargate: Universe. We also own all the Stargate movies, the above and The Ark of Truth. But this movie, besides the first, is a stand alone movie from the series and one of my favorite movies that I don't mind watching over and over. Love the character and the humor.


SO what movies are on your island?

1 comment:

  1. For sure Lord of the rings. At the very least you'd watch it once and your life would be half over :) One of my all time favorites is Love Actually, I could watch it over and over, but I also have the edited version so my opinion may change if I saw the R rated version, who knows.

    ReplyDelete

Say What?