Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Foodie Post

I like food and I like my boy. Top two things I blog about. 

My foodie friend Roger and I try to go to lunch at new places, well new to me, whenever I am up that way. 

The Original Pantry Cafe
877 South Figueroa Street  Los Angeles, CA 90017 

If you want good old homemade cooking this is the place to go. Their menu is posted on the wall all over the place and it consists of about 8 breakfast items and a dozen lunch/dinner items. Our server was amazing. I asked him what he liked and recommended. He explained what was popular and then told us what he liked. 
We ordered and then he brought us cole slaw on the house to try. 
 
We ordered a chocolate shake and it was thick and creamy.  
Our table was right next to a glass with the cooks behind it. It was fun watching everything get cooked.  
Seriously THE best omelet I have ever had. Perfect amount of ham, cheese, and egg. The potatoes needed more salt and pepper. 
We also got the chicken fried steak. It was good, but I have had better. 

Great service. I would recommend this place for the omelet any day of the week! In fact, there should be a law saying every  human being must at least have an omelet here once. Me, I am going to try and go twice. :)

 The Counter: Custom Built Burgers


725 West 7th Street Los Angeles CA 90017


In case you couldn't tell from the title this place is known for their custom gourmet burgers. They have recommendations combinations but for the most part the sky is the limit. 
We started out with their chili fries. They were good, but Ruby's is my all time favorite location for chili fires. 
I made up a Greek style burger. I had it on a toasted english muffin with spinach, marinated artichoke hearts, feta, and a sun dried tomato vinaigrette. It was pretty darn delicious
The server talked up the shakes and malts so we ordered a banana nutella malt. It did not have the consistency of malt and though the flavor was good it didn't live up to talk. I am going to try and make my own version of this shake at home. 

Overall this place was good, the service wasn't too bad but not amazing. We went during lunch hour so that might be why. If you don't mind spending a pretty penny on a make your own burger style then this is the place for you. Otherwise stay at home or go to Fuddruckers. 

This is a picture of Ruby's Diner sliders and chili fries. I love all of Ruby's food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What?