Friday, February 15, 2013

I Wore A Belt Today

Remember this. Today I decided to finally wear a belt because.....I HAVE LOST 6 POUNDS since I started working out a month ago. I was shocked. When I started this I wasn't going to weigh myself for months because I didn't want to be disappointed. Well I didn't do that because there is a scale at work and I jumped on it for fun and loved it. Wearing a belt feels pretty good and I like not having to fight with my pants to keep them up.

This week I didn't do any running, just strength and conditioning and my abs hurt for days. I have a lot more energy and feel amazing. I can sprint from the house to my car (which is parked far away) and not feel winded or out of breath. Now I just need to do both workouts in the same week. I have been working out in the morning. This will change next week as I will be starting an earlier work schedule. I will be working in downtown for 8 weeks from 7:30-4:30, so I have to leave my house by 6:30 a.m. Which means I am up and getting ready during my normal workout time. What I plan to do is run during my lunch hour 2-3 days a week. Something I used to do when I worked downtown back in the day. They have a lot of hills and lovely view so it is a fun run. Then I will get up at 5:00 a.m. and workout only a few days a week to do strength and conditioning.

Here is hoping the weather will be warmer for my outside runs. Otherwise I will try and run on the treadmill when I get home since I will be getting home earlier, but I would rather spend that time with Roan. We will see how the new routine will work out.

As far as eating Monday was a terrible day. I more or less let loose and didn't care. I wasn't too depressed or anything, just wanted a candy bar so I had two. I figured since I was going all out I might as well make homemade corn dogs, fries, and donuts since I had the fryer out. I did just that and felt sick when I went to bed. The rest of the week was better. I even logged what I was eating here and there to count calories. Valentines Day should have been tougher since there was a ton of free junk food at work, but I didn't really have to think twice about it since I already had a binge day that week. Lately I have been craving taco salads. I had a homemade one last week and it was AMAZING! It had taco meat, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, and deliciousness. I really want another one this weekend.

There is the progress report for the week. I am super excited about the weight loss and hope to keep rocking it from here.

2 comments:

Say What?